Charging Policy

  • Cafeteria Services

     The Union Grove ISD serves meals each school day.  Children may buy lunch in grades PK – 6 for $2.70, and grades 7 – 12 for $2.85.  Breakfast will be served at $1.25 for grades PK – 6, and $1.50 for grades 7 – 12.  All meals may be prepaid.  Children also may get meals free or at a reduced price if qualified.  An application for Free / Reduced Price Meals is included in your enrollment packet, along with the income guidelines that will be used to determine qualification.  For further information concerning Free / Reduced Price Meals, please contact Cynthia Ferguson at the Food Service Office at (903)844-3921. 

    In accord with School Board action, there will be a limit of $10.00 maximum charges in the cafeteria for meals.  If the student exceeds the $10.00 limit, an alternate meal of a cheese sandwich, milk and fruit will be prepared for the student.  The student may receive the alternate meal for a maximum of two weeks.  After that time the alternate meals will be stopped and the student will be responsible for paying for meals or bringing their lunch from home.

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech difficulties may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    • mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.