Union Grove ISD provides free pre-kindergarten to students that meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria as outlined by the Texas Education Agency.
A child who is four (4) years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year is eligible for a pre-kindergarten program if the child meets one of the qualifiers listed below:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Economically disadvantaged (qualifies for free or reduced lunches);
- Homeless (as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a);
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty (must be on active duty the first day of school);
- Child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Child is, or ever has been, in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing. This also includes children who have been adopted or returned to their parents; or
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004 Government Code
Documentation of eligibility is required upon enrollment. Review the list below for the approve documentation required for each noted eligibility.
Unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language - Home Language Survey: Language Assessement will be administered during registration so please bring your student to determine eligibility
Economicaly disadvantaged - Parent must bring one of the following: Last three (3) paycheck stubs; most recent tax return, IRS form 1099; TANF or SNAP Eligibility Number
Homeless - Homeless Liasion approval
Foster Care - Letter from DFPS or CPS
Military - Military ID; Statement of service; Copy of death certificate; Copy of Purple Heart orders; Official letter from commander
Star of Texas Award - Certificate of award
If you believe that your child qualifies for enrollment for Prekindergarten in Union Grove ISD, we will require a parent or guardian to present the following documents at registration:
Certified Copy of Birth Certificate
Social Security Card
Immunizations Records - Must be up to date - Please check the Texas Immunization Requirements for Vaccination requirements
Proof of Residency - Current Electric or Water bill; Lease agreement
Driver's License of Enrolling Parent
**Union Grove ISD does not accept transfer students in our Prekindergarten program.
For more information, see the Texas Education Agency FAQ